Translate

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Different Blogging Platforms Research



This screenshot shows that I used keywords to help me with my search. By using only a few words I can find lots of relevant information about "blog" "platforms". If I used too many key words then my search would be too narrow and I wouldn't find the websites that I had. 

This screenshot shows that I used the "open in new tab" feature. I used this to open the first three results on the page whilst keeping the results page open. This means that I can view multiple sites at once and go back to the results page if I could not find any relevant information on the websites.


This screenshot shows the result page that I received using my keywords put into Google. This shows that the information is useful because the sites are either comparing blogging platforms or listing a top ten, both useful for deciding on which is right for me.



This screenshot shows the three websites that I opened in new tabs. I start off with 3 tabs open and if the website does not have any useful information I close it and replace it with another site from the results page which is also still open.



I can tell if a website has the information I am looking for by searching for key words within the text. For this research i was looking for pros, cons and a conclusion. The screenshot below is from the first website. It featured pros, cons and a verdict for each blogging platform covered. This would help me to make an informed decision about the right blogging platform to use to suit my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment